Thursday 20 October 2011

New Fundraising Plans

     Since I've been back at school things have moved on quite a bit. We were given a talk by a representative from Camps International and now the group is updated about all the projects happening in Tanzania. Projects include the home building project for those unable to build houses themselves and the water capture scheme on the local school. I am encouraged by all the photos too which have been put up, you can see them and many more on their Flickr page.
     I've been offered the opportunity to go bag-packing at Sainsbury's next month. This should prove to be a great fundraising experience as I found when I went bag-packing previously in aid of my scout group. Also at school we've organised the collection of old cloths, rags and textiles for recycling and reuse through the company 'bags2schools'. Collections are on 16th November and the greater the mass the more the cash for the trip.
     Finally, today I registered for the Moreton Morrell Christmas Cracker 2011 10K Race, taking place in mid December. I hope this will be as enjoyable and worthwhile as the Regency Run last April. I hope to beat my time of 55 minutes, and am keeping my fingers crossed for no snow, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment